|Repairing vintage pipes is a
tricky endeavor. The different configurations of pipes, the condition of the
metal, previous attempted repairs, etc. all make it very difficult to
predict. Therefore you need to read and agree to the following list of
conditions before you send us your vintage pipe. We realize that these
conditions may seem harsh but you need to understand the diverse nature of
vintage pipe repair and know that the likelihood of getting back a "perfect"
pipe is not very good. Our motto here... "Under promise and over deliver".
To that end, here are our conditions for repairing your vintage pipe:
- We only do
vintage 2-stroke pipes, NO vintage 4-strokes. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We cannot repair any pipe where the silencer is part of the pipe
itself. The silencer must be fully detachable from the expansion chamber.
- We do not have jigs for the older pipes and therefore cannot guarantee
a perfect fit. We will get it as close as possible but you may have to do
some adjusting on your own.
- The pipe must be all there. If there are pieces or parts blown out or
missing, we will not proceed with the repair.
- We don't have enough time to grind away any previous welding that has
been done in order to redo them.
- We reserve the right to decline to repair any pipe we deem not
repairable. Your repair fee will be returned but you are still responsible
for the shipping costs both ways.
- You understand and agree that we are attempting to give you back a pipe
that is functional, but not necessarily, "show" quality. If you are
restoring a bike and want it to look like new again, find somewhere to buy
a new pipe.
- Pricing structure is as follows:
pre 1980 $160.00
These prices apply to the majority of vintage pipes but are not absolute.
We reserve the right to either decline to repair your pipe for that fee or
quote you a higher fee (prior to repair and agreed to by you) in order to
cover our time on your vintage pipe. However, we will not charge you more
than the stated price without your prior approval.\
- In most cases, shipping costs are the same as newer pipes. However, if
your pipe requires an oversized box, you will be charged for our exact
shipping cost (which would be more than our flat rate for newer pipes as
posted on our website). However, there will not be any handling or other
charges added on to the oversized box charge.
- Pacific Crest Pipe Repair is not responsible in any way for the
condition of your pipe before or after the repair. You take all the
responsibility and risk.
- Pacific Crest Pipe Repair will do the best job possible...within
reason. We will weld cracks or small holes, remove dents, straighten the
pipe as best we can, and where applicable, repaint the pipe with a high
temp, flat black paint. We will try our best to give you results that you
will be happy with. However, we are not magicians and therefore you
understand that in some cases, there is only so much we can do.
- There is no "one day turn-around" guarantee with vintage pipes. Many
times we will be able to repair them the same day and ship them out the
next day. However, your pipe could be in the shop as long as 10 days.
- You understand that if we proceed to repair your pipe, we do so on a
"best efforts" basis and therefore we will not refund your repair or
shipping fees for ANY reason.
I have read ALL of the terms and conditions above, I understand them and
agree to them.